Clausthal University of Technology (TUC) is located in Germany’s northernmost Middle Mountain range: The Harz Mountains. With its 1141 meters, Mount Brocken is the highest mountain in the Harz.
Numerous lakes and water reservoirs are typical for the region. Nature offers possibilities for various outdoor activities such as sailing, mountain biking, free climbing or cross-country skiing in winter.
With about 4,000 students and some 1,100 employees, Clausthal University of Technology is one of the most important economic and social factors in the area around Goslar.
In former times, heavily dominated by the mining industry, the Harz Mountains nowadays focus on tourism, too.
The Mining Museum at the Rammelsberg on the outskirts of Goslar is among the UNESCO World Heritage sites as well as the Oberharzer Wasserwirtschaft.
Another tourist attraction is the Harz National Park. Being the first National Park in Germany covering two federal states (i.e. Niedersachsen and Sachsen–Anhalt), the united Harz National Park was established in 2006.
Further Information: Tourist Information Clausthal-Zellerfeld
The workshop will take place in the magnificent “Aula Academica” in Clausthal-Zellerfeld.
It offers a domed hall for up to 250 people, a large ceremonial hall and several seminar rooms.
All conference rooms are equipped with projector, screen, overhead projector, flip chart, whiteboard and internet.
The Aula Academica is centrally located in Clausthal-Zellerfeld and easy reachable from the bus station.
- Nina Gunkelmann, TU Clausthal (Germany)
- Marcus Baum, University of Göttingen (Germany)
- Gunther Brenner, TU Clausthal (Germany)
- Jens Grabowski, University of Göttingen (Germany)
- Thomas Hanschke, TU Clausthal (Germany)
- Jörg Müller, TU Clausthal (Germany)
- Anita Schöbel, University of Göttingen (Germany)
- Charlotte Becquart, University of Lille (France)
- Wolfgang Bleck, RWTH Aachen (Germany)
- Christian Brandl, University of Melbourne (Australia)
- Valentina Cacchiani, University of Bologna (Italy)
- Paul Davidsson, University of Malmö (Sweden)
- Umut Durak, DLR Braunschweig (Germany)
- Samuel Forest, MINES Paristech (France)
- Marc Goerigk, Lancester University (England)
- Patrick Harms, University of Göttingen (Germany)
- Tom Holvoet, University of Leuven (Belgium)
- Marco Huber, University of Stuttgart (Germany)
- Charlotte Kuhn, TU Kaiserslautern (Germany)
- Laura De Lorenzis, TU Braunschweig (Germany)
- Maximilian Merkert, OVGU Magdeburg (Germany)
- Kai Nagel, TU Berlin (Germany)
- Helmut Neukirchen, University of Iceland (Iceland)
- Bernhard Neumair, KIT Karlsruhe (Germany)
- Narayan Rangaraj, IIT Bombay (India)
- Ulrich Rieder, Ulm University (Germany)
- Yudi Rosandi, University of Padjadjaran (Indonesia)
- Carlos J. Ruestes, National University of Cuyo (Argentina)
- Siegfried Schmauder, University of Stuttgart (Germany)
- Rüdiger Schwarze, TU Freiberg (Germany)
- Thomas Spengler, TU Braunschweig (Germany)
- Pieter Vansteenwegen, KU Leuven (Belgium)
- Roberto Gomes de Aguiar Veiga, University of Sao Paulo (Brazil)
- Giuseppe Vizzari, University of Milano-Bicocca (Italy)
- Sigrid Wenzel, University of Kassel (Germany)
- Peter Wriggers, University of Hanover (Germany)
- Ronghai Wu, Northwestern Polytechnical University (China)
- Ramin Yahyapour, GWDG (Germany)
- Gregory Zacharewicz, IMT Mines Ales (France)
- Alexander Herzog, TU Clausthal (Germany)
We will have our conference dinner on Thursday from 5 pm to 9 pm on board of the MS AquaMarin at the Oker Dam in the Harz mountains: More details
The dam is in the shape of an arch, 75 m high, 260 m long and can impound up to 47 million m³ of water. Its average annual discharge is 75 million m³.
Bus transfer, boat trip and buffet will be included in the conference fee; beverages are not included.
The buffet offers a range of German and international cuisine: Kassler in the puff pastry, fish specialities like pickled salmon, international plate of cold cuts with different kinds of ham, salami and cheese, tomatoes and mozzarella, chicken salad, sausages salad, red fruit jelly with vanilla sauce, choice of bread and butter.